RBCM Archives

Provincial Industrial School for Girls

Identity area

Type of entity

Government

Authorized form of name

Provincial Industrial School for Girls

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1937-1959

History

The Provincial Industrial School for Girls (or Girls’ Industrial School) was the new name given in 1937 to the Provincial Industrial Home for Girls, which opened in 1914 in Vancouver. In 1959 the school was moved to 3655 Willingdon Avenue in Burnaby, and the name was changed to Willingdon School for Girls (name abbreviated as the Willingdon School).

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

B Government name

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Description identifier

8455

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Revised PW/KH 2017-03-02

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Central Name Authority Files

Maintenance notes