Title and statement of responsibility area
Wildlife and Fisheries historical information, Okanagan Region : oral history interviews
General material designation
- sound recording
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Titled based on contents of the series.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1973-07 to 1974-07 [date recorded] (Creation)
Physical description area
33 audio cassettes
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Scope and content
SUMMARY: A series of oral history interviews with Fish and Wildlife Branch officials, trappers, hunters, fishermen, and other Okanagan residents, dealing with the fish and wildlife populaltions of the Okanagan Region;. The interviews were recorded by Donna Butler and Jill Pruden, and the project was supervised by Jack N. Bone, Wildlife Technician, for the B.C. Dept. of Recreation and Conservation, Fish and Wildlife Branch, Okanagan Region. For more details on the interview contents, see the interview summaries on file.
Immediate source of acquisition
Received from the Ministry of Environment, Wildlife Branch, 1985-02-20
The interview summaries are organized by fish and game Management Areas: Monashee, Okanagan, Similkameen and Kettle.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No access restrictions apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
- Copying Restriction: Copying permitted for research and private use.
- Use Restriction: Other uses subject to copyright restriction.
- Copyright Status: Copyright Government of British Columbia.
Item-level descriptions of the interviews are available on-line.
No further accruals are expected.
Archives code(s): T4191; Series and collection descriptions were previously numbered AAAA8115 and AAAB5980.
Accession number(s): T4191
Copies of detailed interview summaries, on file.
Sound recording originals may be in cool or cold storage. Contact staff for specific details.
producing company: British Columbia. Fish and Wildlife Branch, speaker: Clarence Powers, speaker: Waldo Russell Maxson, speaker: David McWhinnie, speaker: James Gilbert Strother, speaker: Frederick Oscar Miller, speaker: John Longstaff, speaker: Adam Monks, speaker: Maurice Peterson, speaker: William Welby Ryan, speaker: Alfred Hamilton Cawston, speaker: Lorne Shaw, speaker: Arthur Shenton, speaker: Fraser Smith, speaker: Ted Topham, speaker: Ralph Edwin Wolverton, speaker: Lind John Le Lievre, speaker: Eric D. Sismey, speaker: Arthur Gellatly, speaker: Robert Alstead, speaker: Reginald Noel Atkinson, speaker: Johnny Barber, speaker: Henry Justus Bolivar, speaker: George Coldsmith, speaker: James Herbert Clements, speaker: Charles Edward Holmes, speaker: Tom [Thomas Firman?] Evans, speaker: Ernie [Ernest Edwin?] Algers, speaker: Mrs. William Gellatly, speaker: William Ure Baldwin G. Gellatly, speaker: Allan Ford Gill, speaker: Alexander Green, speaker: Harley Hatfield, speaker: Daniel Hill, speaker: William Henry Dumbleton, interviewer: Jill Pruden, interviewer: Donna Butler
Standard number area
Subject access points
- Boundary Region (B.C.)--Description and travel
- Fishery conservation
- Fishing--British Columbia
- Game bird management--British Columbia
- Game birds
- Hunting--British Columbia DNU
- Okanagan Region (B.C.)--Description and travel
- Similkameen Region (B.C.)--Description and travel
- Wildlife conservation--British Columbia
Place access points
Name access points
- Algers, Ernie [Ernest Edwin?] (Contributor)
- Longstaff, John (Contributor)
- Maxson, Waldo Russell (Contributor)
- McWhinnie, David (Contributor)
- Miller, Frederick Oscar (Contributor)
- Monks, Adam (Contributor)
- Peterson, Maurice (Contributor)
- Powers, Clarence (Contributor)
- Pruden, Jill (Contributor)
- Ryan, William Welby, 1906-1973 (Contributor)
- Shaw, Lorne (Contributor)
- Shenton, Arthur (Contributor)
- Sismey, Eric D. (Contributor)
- Smith, Fraser (Contributor)
- Strother, James Gilbert (Contributor)
- Topham, Ted (Contributor)
- Holmes, Charles Edward (Contributor)
- Hill, Daniel, 1908- (Contributor)
- Green, Alexander (Contributor)
- Alstead, Robert, 1899- (Contributor)
- Atkinson, Reginald Noel, 1897- (Contributor)
- Barber, Johnny (Contributor)
- Bolivar, Henry Justus (Contributor)
- British Columbia. Fish and Wildlife Branch (Contributor)
- Butler, Donna (Contributor)
- Cawston, Alfred Hamilton (Contributor)
- Clements, James Herbert (Contributor)
- Coldsmith, George (Contributor)
- Dumbleton, William Henry (Contributor)
- Evans, Tom [Thomas Firman Evans?] (Contributor)
- Gellatly, Arthur (Contributor)
- Gellatly, Mrs. William (Contributor)
- Gellatly, William Ure Baldwin G. (Contributor)
- Gill, Allan Ford (Contributor)
- Wolverton, Ralph Edwin (Contributor)
- British Columbia. Fish and Wildlife Branch (Subject)
- Hatfield, Harley Robert, 1905- (Subject)