Title and statement of responsibility area
Annual grazing reports
General material designation
- textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the series.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- British Columbia. Kamloops Forest District (1913-1978)
Physical description area
2 cm of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Kamloops Forest District was established in 1913 under the Forest Act, 1912. In 1916, the district was expanded to include part of the Tete Juane Forest District due to staff shortages resulting from World War I. In 1918 The Lillooet Forest District was also added to Kamloops.
In 1930, the majority of the lands in the Railway Belt, which had previously been administered by the federal government, were also added to Kamloops. The remaining Railway Belt lands were added to the Vancouver and Fort George Forest Districts. As a result of these changes, in 1932, the area previously in the Vernon Forest District was added to the Kamloops Forest District, along with half of the Cariboo Forest District. In 1972, the Cariboo Forest District was reestablished, and these lands were transferred back to it to replicate its previous boundaries.
In 1978, the Kamloops Forest District was renamed the Kamloops Forest Region, however its boundaries remained the same. Between 1978 and 1981, the Region was reorganized to comprise of the following smaller Forest Districts: Clearwater, Kamloops, Salmon Arm, Vernon, Penticton, Merritt and Lillooet. These areas were based on the previous Ranger Districts. Note that the Kamloops Forest District continued to exist after 1978, however, it was a much smaller area part of the greater Kamloops Forest Region.
Scope and content
This series contains grazing annual reports for the years 1951, 1952, 1954 and 1955. The reports are typescripts with inset photographs.
Immediate source of acquisition
Transferred to Project 87 from BCFS Museum collection in 1981 and received by PABC in 1982.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
There are no access restrictions.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Accession number(s): GR-1238