Title and statement of responsibility area
Between ourselves : Far western islands
General material designation
- sound recording
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
1 audio reel (ca. 50 min) : 19 cm/sec, 1 track, mono ; 27 cm
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
SUMMARY: "Between Ourselves" was a weekly series of hour-long radio programs that presented Canada to Canadians. It featured aspects of Canadian life in docudramas, plays, music, and interviews, originating from different regions of Canada. The series ran from 1966 to 1979. This episode is about the Queen Charlotte Islands, past and present, including the Haida, their canoes, and settlements, and way of life; the arrival of the white settlers and missionaries; and the people who live there today. The voices heard are: Grace Stevens, Janice de Bucy, Mike and Barbara Reynolds, Neil and Betty Carey, Eric Ross, Knut Fladmark, Tom Moran, Arthur Husband, T.L. Williams, Bert Robertson, Joseph Weah, Chief William Matthews, and Dr. Peter Kelly.
Immediate source of acquisition
Imbert Orchard, 1974-1975
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
- An additional original copy is available under the same reference number. [1 audio reel (ca. 50 min) : 9.5 cm/sec, 2 track, mono ; 13 cm]
- A digital copy is available. Please contact staff for further information.
- Reference cassette copy available. CD Reference copy for T3287:0001 [REF]- see Ctr 00443-0395.
- [c]: Half-track preservation master, ca. 1978, on 2 audio reels
- [e]: 1 preservation compact disc made from original audio reels, 2000-10-13
Restrictions on access
No access restrictions apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
- Copying Restriction: Clients requesting research/private copies must fill out CBC form.
- Use Restriction: Not for broadcast or commercial use without written permission of the CBC.
- Copyright Status: Copyright Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.
Accession number(s): T3287
Previously described as AAAB3599
producing company: CBU (Radio station : Vancouver, B.C.), supervising producer: Don Mowatt, producer: Imbert Orchard, interviewer: Imbert Orchard, writer: Imbert Orchard, broadcaster: Canadian Broadcasting Corporation