Title and statement of responsibility area
Bill La Chance interview
General material designation
- sound recording
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Supplied title based on item contents.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1965-03-09 [date recorded] (Creation)
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
RECORDED: [location unknown], 1965-03-09 SUMMARY: Mr. E.W. (Bill) LaChance recalls his experiences working as an locomotive fireman and engineer for the CPR, based in Revelstoke. This interview mainly relates his story as the sole survivor of the Ro;gers Pass Snow slide of 1910, in which fifty-eight railroad workers were killed.;
Immediate source of acquisition
Imbert Orchard, 1974-1975
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
- Complete transcript on file.
- Reference cassette copy available in container 000443-025.
Restrictions on access
No access restrictions apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
- Copying Restriction: Clients requesting research/private copies must fill out CBC form.
- Use Restriction: Not for broadcast or commercial use without written permission of the CBC.
- Copyright Status: Copyright Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.
Accession number(s): T0339
Orchard ; A-10/1-2
speaker: E.W. (Bill) La Chance, interviewer: Imbert Orchard, sound engineer: Ian Stephen
Standard number area
Place access points
Name access points
- Canadian Pacific Railway Company (Subject)