Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
- Fort George Forest District
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The Fort George Forest District was established in 1913 under the Forest Act, 1912. Its headquarters was located in Prince George.
In 1930, part of the lands in the Railway Belt, which had previously been administered by the federal government, were also added to Fort George. The remaining Railway Belt lands were added to the Kamloops and Vancouver Forest Districts. As a result of these changes, in 1932, half of the Cariboo Forest District was also added to the Fort George District. In 1972, the Cariboo Forest District was reestablished, and these lands were transferred back to it to replicate its previous boundaries.
The Fort George district was renamed the Prince George Forest District in 1953. However, the boundaries did not change.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Identifier of the related entity
Category of the relationship
Type of relationship
Dates of the relationship
Description of relationship
Access points area
Authority record identifier
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Ministry of Forests "Historical Administrative and Personnel Tables, 1913-1981"