Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of series
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
The series consists of agendas, records of decisions, and meeting minutes as well as related reports, briefing notes, backgrounders, recommendations, communication plans, and correspondence created by Cabinet committees, Deputy Ministers' committees and various sub-committees between 1969 and 2001.
Committees and working groups represented in the series include:
- Cabinet Committee on Environment and Land Use
- Environment and Land Use Technical Committee
- Deputy Ministers’ Committee on Environment and Land Use
- Cabinet Committee on Social Services
- Deputy Ministers' Committee on Social Services
- Deputy Ministers' Committee on Social Policy
- Sub-Committee on Social Services Policy and Priorities
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Development
- Deputy Ministers’ Committee on Economic Development
- Cabinet Committee on Regional Development
- Deputy Ministers’ Committee on Regional Development
- Deputy Ministers’ Committee on Sustainable Development
- Cabinet Committee on Coal Development
- Deputy Ministers’ Committee on Coal Development
- Cabinet Committee on Employment Development
- Sub-Committee on Employment Development
- Deputy Ministers' Investment Committee
- Interministry Committee on Regulation Reform
The records provide evidence of the discussions and decisions of these committees and of policy creation. Cabinet committee deliberations focus on strategic priorities and substantive issues, the acceptance or rejection of recommendations, and the early notification and review of contentious issues.
The series does not include the records of the Cabinet Committee on Legislation or the Deputy Ministers’ Committee on Legislation; these records can be found in series GR-3677 (Cabinet Committee on Legislation and legislation review and approval case files).
The series also includes a subseries of Orders in Council (OICs) that were submitted to the Cabinet Planning Secretariat for approval.
In some cases, records were arranged in two distinct groupings in the file folder, with records clipped to both the left and right sides. Metal clips were removed for preservation purposes, but records from the left side are face-down on top of records on the right hand side, which are arranged face-up.
Coloured file removal slips in the boxes indicate files which were removed for the tobacco litigation case in the late 1990s and early 2000s.
Records in the series are covered by ORCS 10400-20 of schedule 881099 (Office of the Premier and Executive Council) and were scheduled for full retention.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
An alphabetical issues index has also been created and is kept with other accession documentation in the accession folder. Subject headings were derived from meeting agenda topics.
Note: 91-0449 is an ongoing accession number.