Title and statement of responsibility area
Captain Lionel Douglas interview, [ca. 1962]
General material designation
- sound recording
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Supplied title based on item contents.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
[1962 or earlier] [date recorded] (Creation)
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
RECORDED: [location unknown], [1962 or earlier] SUMMARY: TRACK 1: Captain Douglas talks about his early years on the sea; his impression of the harbours in Vancouver and Steveston in 1897; a concert at Steveston; and the Klondike Gold Rush. He describes Vancouver in the 1890s, streetcars; roads; the fire; and transportation. He recalls his cousin, B.C. Lieutenant Governor Sir Henri Gustave Joly de Lotbiniere. He discusses his career with the English merchant marine. TRACK 2: Captain Douglas continues with his recollections about his career in the merchant marine; he describes the CPR liner "Empress of Asia" [on which he served as chief officer]; recalls the war years; describes the Victoria of 1905, and the north shore [of Burrard Inlet?].;
Immediate source of acquisition
Imbert Orchard, 1974-1975
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Reference cassette copy available in container 000443-075.
Restrictions on access
No access restrictions apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
- Copying Restriction: Clients requesting research/private copies must fill out CBC form.
- Use Restriction: Not for broadcast or commercial use without written permission of the CBC.
- Copyright Status: Copyright Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.
T0640:0001 - 0002 is another CBC radio interview, apparently recorded a few years before this one.
Accession number(s): T1339
Orchard ; VN-[1-2]
speaker: Lionel Dale Douglas, interviewer: Imbert Orchard, sound recording: Ian Stephen
Standard number area
Subject access points
- Fires--British Columbia--Vancouver, 1886
- Harbours--British Columbia--Vancouver
- Klondike River Valley (Yukon)--Gold discoveries
- Merchant seamen--British Columbia--Correspondence, reminiscences, etc.
- Shipping--Pacific Ocean
- Steveston (B.C.)--History
- Vancouver (B.C.)--History
- Victoria (B.C.)--History
- Lieutenant governors--British Columbia
- Transportation--British Columbia--Vancouver