Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- moving images
- sound recording
- multiple media
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title is based on the contents of the series.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- British Columbia Place Ltd.
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
The series consists of videotapes, film and audio tapes that form part of the records of the Expo 86 Corporation. Most of this material was either commissioned or acquired by the divisions of Expo 86 Corporation responsible for marketing and communications. It consists of promotional material packaged in several different forms for mass media outlets, and informational material directed to specialized audiences such as corporations and governments. The series also includes media monitoring tapes of news coverage and footage documenting the planning, progress and construction of the exposition. Most of the material dates from March 1983 to the opening days of Expo in early May 1986.
The series contains ___ videotapes, __ films (4 titles) and ___ audio tapes.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
- Material produced by or for the Expo 86 Corporation is presumed to be copyright Government of British Columbia.
- Media monitoring recordings (i.e., radio and television programs, news stories, etc.) are presumed to be copyright the broadcasters involved.
- Footage of musical and stage performances may involve rights held by composers, musicians, performers, etc.
Standard number area
Name access points
- Expo 86 Corporation (Subject)