Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- moving images
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title taken from content of the records.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- British Columbia. Government Information Services
Physical description area
- 1 film reel : acetate, 24 fps, col., sd., optical track.
- 2 videocassettes : polyester, analog, col., 3/4" U-matic, sd.
- 8 video reels : polyester, analog, col., 1" type C, sd.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
The series consists of film and videos of government documentaries, television advertisements, and other promotional material from the period of 1980 to 1986. The Ministry of Government Services' Government Information Services (GIS) was the centralized government agency for producing audio-video programs for all ministries and JEM Productions was contracted by the GIS to shoot and edit various programs.
This series represents provincial government functions and events representing various regions of British Columbia, including the lower mainland, Peace River and Okanagan regions.
The records consist of 10 videos and 1 film comprising current government initiatives and accomplishments; coal mining and dam developments; BC Place and BC Transit development; a 1986 premier's address; and development of the Coquihalla highway.
1. Premier's Report 1986. (1" video reel.)
2. Partners in enterprise - television ads. (3/4" U-matic videocassette.)
3. Coquihalla in 20 months through the mountains. (1" video reel.)
4. BC Pavilion. (1" video reel.)
5. Take a giant step. (1" video reel. 4 min. promotions in English, French and Japanese.)
6. BC Reports - various programs. (1" video reel.) - NE coal - Best of bad times - Education - the challenge/opportunity - A forest for all seasons
7. BC Reports - various programs. (1" video reel.) - #5 The right kind of help - #8 Health care - the first priority - #10 The planning pays off - #13 Transit & transition - Bill Bennett speech
8. BC Reports - various programs. (1" video reel.) - #1 Food for thought - #316 BC open for business - #12 Reality of restraint
9. Partners in enterprise - promotion. (1" video reel.)
10. Stop the hearings start the dam. [AKA Fort St. John Site C rally] (3/4" U-matic videocassette.)
11. Light rapid transit for Greater Vancouver. (16 mm film reel)
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script note
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
See GR-3368 for B.C. Reports series.
Digital copies of GR-3435.9 and GR-3435.10 made in 2019.
DVD Reference copies GR-3435.1 [REF] to GR-3435.11 [REF], created January 2014, are in Container 000443-0306
Restrictions on access
Conservation restriction: use digital or dvd copies.