Title and statement of responsibility area
Joe Clemine interview
General material designation
- sound recording
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Supplied title based on item contents.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1964-07-22 [date recorded] (Creation)
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
RECORDED: [location unknown], 1964-07-22 SUMMARY: TRACK 1: Mr. Joe Clemine recalls some aspects of Indian life in the Dog Creek - Alkali Lake area, 1860 to 1920. Clemine discusses his family background and the land they lived on. He describes the ;Indian attitude toward land. He speaks of his grandfather, and how he used to raise horses. He describes packers and pack trains in the area. He offers a detailed description of the Alkali Lake Res;erve and the 1862 smallpox epidemic. He discusses his school days at Mission School and the conditions of life for Indians at school. TRACK 2: Mr. Clemine discusses Native schools in the 1960s. Th;en he discusses the Indian way of life: hunting, food, clothes, houses, stories of various altercations between Indian tribes, and the Indian religion.;
Immediate source of acquisition
Imbert Orchard, 1974-1975
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
A digital copy is available.
- Complete transcript on file.
- Reference cassette copy available in container 000443-026.
Restrictions on access
No access restrictions apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
- Copying Restriction: Clients requesting research/private copies must fill out CBC form.
- Use Restriction: Not for broadcast or commercial use without written permission of the CBC.
- Copyright Status: Copyright Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.
Accession number(s): T0361
Orchard ; C-06/1-2
speaker: Joe C. Clemine, interviewer: Imbert Orchard, sound recording: Ian Stephen
Standard number area
Subject access points
- Chilcotin Indians
- Chilcotin Region (B.C.)--History
- Epidemics--British Columbia
- Frontier and pioneer life--British Columbia
- Indians--British Columbia--Chilcotin Region
- Indians--British Columbia--Education
- Pack transportation--British Columbia
- Schools--British Columbia--Chilcotin Region
- Smallpox--British Columbia