Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- moving images
- sound recording
- multiple media
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the series.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1972; 1979-1980 (Creation)
- British Columbia. Dept. of Education
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
The series consists of videotapes transferred to the archives from the B.C. Department of Education. The items are educational television programs produced by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC Vancouver) and sponsored by the Department of Education's Audio-Visual Services Branch in 1972 and consist of six episodes of "The world of work".
The series also includes two videos produced by the British Columbia School Trustees Association for the School Boards of British Columbia (1979-1980) and nine audio cassettes recorded in 1979 regarding BC's future in science and research.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
- No access restrictions apply.
- Conservation restriction: material in cool or cold storage requires special retrieval and handling.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
- Copyright in the 1968-1972 television productions may be held by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.
- Two items are presumably copyright by the British Columbia School Trustees Association.
Standard number area
Place access points
Name access points
- British Columbia. Dept. of Education (Subject)
- British Columbia. Audio-Visual Services Branch (Subject)
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (Subject)
- British Columbia School Trustees Association (Subject)
- British Columbia. Ministry of Education (1979-1996) (Subject)