Series GR-0020 - Prince George County Court minute book

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Prince George County Court minute book

General material designation

  • textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Series

Reference code

GR-0020

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1932-1946 (Creation)
    Creator
    British Columbia. County Court (Prince George)

Physical description area

Physical description

1.5 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1923-1990)

Biographical history

Archivist’s Note: The dates of the establishment of the County Court registries at Fort George and South Fort George have not yet been confirmed by BC Archives staff (as of March 2016).

The City of Prince George was incorporated on March 6, 1915.

Effective December 15, 1923, the new Prince George County Court Registry (County Court of Cariboo) was established and the County Court registries at Fort George and South Fort George were closed.

By OIC 0027-1924, the appointment of the Registrar of the County Court of Cariboo, Fort George Registry (George Milburn) was rescinded; Milburn was at the same time appointed Registrar for the new Prince George Registry. (Source: OIC 0027-1924; and notice given January 8, 1924 by the Attorney-General’s Department, in the BC Gazette, January 10, 1924, p. 51).

The office of the Registrar of the County Court at South Fort George was closed effective December 15, 1923. At that time, all books, documents, records, registrations and instruments filed in the closed registry were transferred to the office of the Registrar of the newly-created Prince George Registry of the County Court.

(Source: Attorney-General Department’s notice dated January 11, 1924, British Columbia Gazette 1924, p. 98).

All County Courts were merged into the Supreme Court on July 1, 1990.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The series consists of a minute book, created by the Prince George County Court between February 1932 and October 1946.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Received from Government Agent, Prince George, 1975.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

These records are restricted. Please contact the BC Archives for information about access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Accession number(s): 75-G-029

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Accession area

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres

Physical storage

  • Box: 880340-0328