Title and statement of responsibility area
Provincial Archives of British Columbia audio interviews, 1974-1992
General material designation
- sound recording
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the series.
- Variations in title: Provincial Archives of British Columbia : staff interviews [previous assigned title]
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
ca. 440 sound recordings
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Scope and content
The series consists of oral history interviews recorded by staff members and research associates of the Provincial Archives of B.C. Major subject areas include: political history (especially the Coalition era, the W.A.C. Bennett years, and David Barrett's NDP government); ethnic groups (including Chinese- and Japanese-Canadans); frontier and pioneer life; the forest industry; B.C. art and artists; the history of photography, filmmaking and radio broadcasting in the province; and the history of Victoria High School.
The interviewers include: Kathryn Bridge, Janet Cauthers, David Day, Patrick Dunae, Terry Eastwood, Merna Forster, Eric Gee, Frances Gundry, Maya Koizumi, W.J. Langlois, Charles Lillard, Theresa Low, Indiana Matters, David Mattison, Patriick May, David Mitchell, Constantine Nikitiuk, Andrew Petter, Derek Reimer, Allen W. Specht, Loree Stewart, and Reuben Ware.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Reference cassette copies are available for most items.
Restrictions on access
These records are subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act or other acts and access may be restricted. Please contact the BC Archives to determine the access status of these records.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
In most instances, copyright is held by the Royal BC Museum/BC Archives.
Item-level descriptions are available online.
Archives code(s): Series description was previously numbered AAAA8120.
Accession number(s): T4173
Sound recording originals may be in cool or cold storage.
Standard number area
Subject access points
- Artists--British Columbia
- British Columbia--Politics and government--1941-1952
- British Columbia--Politics and government--1952-1972
- British Columbia--Politics and government--1972-1975
- Chinese--British Columbia
- Forests and forestry--British Columbia
- Frontier and pioneer life--British Columbia
- Japanese Canadians--British Columbia--History
- Motion picture industry--British Columbia--History
- New Democratic Party (British Columbia)--History
- Photography--British Columbia--History
- Radio broadcasting--British Columbia--History
- High schools--British Columbia