Fonds PR-0458 - Queen Margaret's School fonds

Girl Guide Leader and teacher Norah Creina Denny; Queen Margaret's School, Duncan; box 2. Boy scouts on patrol; Girl Guide leaders; Queen Margaret's School, Duncan; box 2 The first class of students at Queen Margaret's School, Duncan; box 1. The newly constructed Queen Margaret's School, Duncan; box 1. Dorothy Rachel Geoghegan and Nora Creina Denny, founders of Queen Margaret's School, Duncan;... Queen Margaret's School, Duncan; Dorothy Rachel Geoghegan and the school's dog, Con; bo...

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Queen Margaret's School fonds

General material designation

  • textual record
  • graphic material
  • moving images
  • multiple media

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the fonds.

Level of description


Reference code


Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • 1921-1972 (Creation)
    Queen Margaret's School (Duncan, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

3 m of textual records, ca. 18 cm of graphic material, 1 film reel

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Queen Margaret's School was an independent school for girls on Vancouver Island. Founded in 1921, the school opened with fourteen pupils. Because of increasing enrollment in 1923 the school was relocated to a six acre farm above Duncan, B.C. In 1953, it was incorporated as a nonprofit society. The founders of the school, Norah Denny and Dorothy Geoghegan, remained as headmistresses until 1963.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds consists of financial reports, roll books, attendance registers, headmistresses' addresses, minutes, reports, photographs, and a film. [Also available on microfilm.]

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

  • Access restrictions apply.
  • Conservation restriction: material in cool or cold storage requires special retrieval and handling.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

File list available. An item-level description of the film is available on-line.

Associated materials

Related materials


No further accruals are expected.

General note

Archives code(s): MS-1337; 198310-014; F1983:05.

General note

Accession number(s): MS-1337; 198310-014; F1983:05


Moving image originals may be in cool or cold storage. Contact staff for specific details.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres