Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the series.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- British Columbia. Fort George Forest District
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Fort George Forest District was established in 1913 under the Forest Act, 1912. Its headquarters was located in Prince George. In 1916 part of the Tete Juan Forest District was added to it.
In 1930, part of the lands in the Railway Belt, which had previously been administered by the federal government, were also added to Fort George. The remaining Railway Belt lands were added to the Kamloops and Vancouver Forest Districts. As a result of these changes, in 1932, half of the Cariboo Forest District was also added to the Fort George District. In 1972, the Cariboo Forest District was reestablished, and these lands were transferred back to it to replicate its previous boundaries.
The Fort George district was renamed the Prince George Forest District in 1953. However, the boundaries did not change.