Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- graphic material
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title utilized as early as 1962
- Statements of responsibility: signed Emily Carr lower right
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1933 - 1939 (Creation)
Physical description area
1 painting : oil on canvas; 110.5 cm. x 61.3 cm.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Estate of the artist, Victoria, 1945
Scope and content
The item consists of an oil on canvas painting set within a wooden frame designed by Lawren Harris affixed by the executor's of Carr's estate.
Immediate source of acquisition
Purchased from the artist's estate by the Government of British Columbia, Victoria, 1945.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
This item is one of seven paintings purchased from the estate by the Province in 1945.
PDP00583, PDP00586, PDP00633, PDP00635, PDP00636, PDP02145, PDP002146.
Archives code(s): PDP00635;
- The World of Emily Carr a new exhibition of her paintings from the Newcombe Collection, Hudson's Bay Company, Victoria and Vancouver.
- Emily Carr: The Mature Years – Les Années de Maturité organized by Canada House, London , England travelling to Centre Culturel Canadien/Canadian Cultural Centre, Paris, France.
- Emily Carr National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa.
1990-1991. The Logic of Ecstasy organized by the London Regional Art and Historical Museums (Museum London) travelling to the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria, the Edmonton Art Gallery, the Mendel Art Gallery, Saskatoon, the Beaverbrook Art Gallery, Fredericton and the Dalhousie Art Gallery, Halifax.
- The Informing Spirit: Art of the American Southwest and West Coast Canada, 1925-1945. McMichael Canadian Art Collection, Kleinburg, Ontario and tour to Vancouver, Colorado Springs and Charleston, USA.
- Three West Coast Women at the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria, BC.
2001-2002 Emily Carr: Eccentric, Artist, Author, Genius, Royal British Columbia Museum, Victoria.
2001-2002. Carr, O’Keefe, Kahlo: Places of Their Own organized by the McMichael Canadian Art Collection, Kleinberg travelling to the Santa Fe Museum of Fine Arts, the National Museum of Women in Art, Washington and the Vancouver Art Gallery.
2006-2008. Emily Carr: New Perspectives on a Canadian Icon collaboration between the Vancouver Art Gallery and the National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa travelling to the Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto, the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, and the Glenbow Museum, Calgary.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Carr, Emily, 1871-1945 (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Digital object metadata