Title and statement of responsibility area
Terrible Totem, Koskimo
General material designation
- graphic material
Other title information
Koskimo written in Newcombe's handwriting on verso.
Title statements of responsibility
- Statements of responsibility: Signed Emily Carr lower left front.
- Statements of responsibility: The title seems to be created in 1962. Title in place as early as 1961 and created by Flora Hamilton Burns for Provincial Archives of BC based on location information provided by Newcombe in his annotation on verso, "Koskimo". See Newcombe Collection catalogue, 1962.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
1 watercolour: watercolour and graphite on paper; 36.9 cm x 26.8 cm.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Purchased by or given by Carr to William Arnold Newcombe.
Scope and content
One watercolour on paper painting.
Immediate source of acquisition
Purchased by the Government of British Columbia from the estate of W.A. Newcombe, 1961.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Archives code(s): PDP00609; Previously numbered as NC 62.
Accession number(s): 196104-001
- The World of Emily Carr a new exhibition of her paintings from the Newcombe Collection, Hudson's Bay Company, Victoria and Vancouver.
1977-1991. Various exhibitions at the Emily Carr Gallery, B.C. Archives, 1107 Wharf Street, Victoria, BC.
- Emily Carr, National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa.
1991-1992. Art Gallery of Greater Victoria.
2001-2002 Emily Carr: Eccentric, Artist, Author, Genius, Royal British Columbia Museum, Victoria.
2006-2008. Emily Carr: New Perspectives on a Canadian Icon collaboration between the Vancouver Art Gallery and the National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa travelling to the Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto, the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, and the Glenbow Museum, Calgary.
2014-2015. From the Forest to the Sea. Emily Carr in British Columbia. Collaboration between the Dulwich Picture Gallery, London, UK and the Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto, Ontario.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Carr, Emily, 1871-1945 (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Digital object metadata