Title and statement of responsibility area
Video compilation tape
General material designation
- moving images
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
1 videocassette (00:13:07) : video master, b&w, U-matic, silent ; 19 mm
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
The item is a video compilation tape with copies of various films related to BC, from the Allan D. Taylor collection.
Films represented include:
- Granville Street fire, 1919: newsreel footage of a disastrous fire that rips through the downtown business section of the City, creating endless destruction and pouring clouds of dense smoke over the City.
- A Jenny on floats, 1920: footage of a Curtiss JN-4 biplane float plane is shown taxiing prior to takeoff.
- Victoria Fusiliers leave for overseas, 1916: newsreel footage taken at the CPR wharf in Victoria's Inner Harbour, soldiers board a steamship as a very large crowd looks on.
- Visitors arriving in Victoria, 1907: newsreel footage of two CPR ferries moving toward dock laden with American visitors to Victoria.
- War comes to Victoria, 1914-1915: newsreel items of anti-German feelings, Yukon regiment training and unloading horses for war.
Immediate source of acquisition
National Archives of Canada Diffusion Program.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
A digital copy is available. Please contact staff for further information.
A VHS reference copy is available for this item, V1991:01/003.02.
Betacam SP video sub-master, V1991:01/003.03.
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Accession number(s): V1991:01
Previously described as AAAA1104, AAAA0378, AAAA1105, AAAA1106, AAAA1107.