Item A-06656 - Site of the pageant for the David Thompson Memorial celebrations

Original Digital object not accessible

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Site of the pageant for the David Thompson Memorial celebrations

General material designation

  • graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Item

Reference code

A-06656

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • Aug 1922 (Creation)
    Creator
    Canadian Pacific Railway Company

Physical description area

Physical description

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1881)

Administrative history

The company originated on October 21, 1880 when a group of Scottish Canadian businessmen formed a syndicate with the aim of constructing a transcontinental railroad. The Canadian Pacific Railway Company was incorporated on February 16, 1881, with George Stephen as its first president. The railway — completed in 1885 — connected Eastern Canada to BC and facilitated communications and transportation across the country. In the late 1890s the CPR established its presence in BC's southern interior, with its rail link through the Crowsnest Pass from Alberta. In 1896–97 the CPR purchased the Columbia and Kootenay Steam Navigation Company’s fleet of inland sternwheelers, tugs and barges, based in Nelson. The CPR developed this into their BC Lake and River Service – and expanded their fleet in the BC interior, with vessels and barges working on Kootenay, Trout, Slocan, Arrow and Okanagan lakes, and boatbuilding and repair facilities at Nelson, Rosebery, Nakusp and Okanagan Landing. In 1901 the CPR purchased controlling interest in the Canadian Pacific Navigation Company (CPN) and its ships. Formal transfer took place in 1903, and the CPR began operating its BC Coast Steamship Service (BCCSS) -- which served the transportation and shipping needs of the coast of B.C. with its "Princess" line, built into a fleet of thirty-two ships. It operated passenger services until the 1970's.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Archives code(s): HP018425

General note

Accession number(s): 193501-001

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area